Fri, 13 Oct|
Introducing the Helping Hands Program: Empowering Children with Compassionate Touch
Register now for our weekend program, which runs from Friday, 6:00 PM to Sunday, 4:00 PM. Please note that the children's program will be conducted separately to ensure age-appropriate activities and learning.
Time & Location
13 Oct 2023, 19:00 – 15 Oct 2023, 15:30
Berlin, Müggelheimer Damm 145, 12559 Berlin, Germany
About The Event
We are delighted to present the Helping Hands Program, a weekend program designed to provide children and adolescents with valuable tools for conflict resolution. Developed by Rita hildebrandt and inspired by Dr. John Upledger in 1998/99, this program is based on the Compassionate Touch method, which has been successfully implemented worldwide in diverse communities and institutions. Our aim is to offer young individuals in our individualized society new ways and possibilities to navigate conflicts.
Methodology: The Helping Hands method is rooted in compassion and mindful touch. By nurturing a sense of joy and self-worth in children, we foster a foundation for helping others, building trust, and resolving conflicts together. The method consists of four progressive steps:
- Assessing the situation: When a child is hurt or feeling unwell, they seek the guidance of an adult, who assesses the situation before allowing other children to help.
- Seeking permission: After assessment, the child in need is respectfully asked for permission to receive assistance. If the child declines, their decision is respected. If they give consent, the adult can offer their help.
- Gentle touch: One or more children or adults gently place their hands on the affected area, sending positive thoughts and wishes to the individual. This process promotes relaxation and joy.
- Conflict resolution: Through attentive, open, and respectful listening, conflicts are resolved. Each child involved receives undivided attention while expressing their thoughts. The focus is on understanding, rather than assigning blame. The facilitator supports the process until a resolution is reached.
Program Structure and Content: To integrate the valuable Helping Hands method into the social development of children and adolescents, we have established a multi-phase approach that spans a longer duration.
Conclusion: The Helping Hands Program offers children and adolescents a transformative experience by developing their social and emotional competence through compassionate touch. By integrating this methodology into their lives, they learn to transform concrete aggression and conflict situations into positive, empathetic experiences. We invite you to join us on this journey of empowerment and growth for our young participants.
Program Evaluation and Benefits: Throughout the Helping Hands Program, we prioritize continuous evaluation to ensure its effectiveness and measure the positive impact on participants. Our evaluations focus on the following areas:
- Social and Emotional Competence: We assess the development of children's social and emotional skills, including empathy, self-awareness, active listening, and conflict resolution abilities.
- Self-Worth and Confidence: We observe changes in participants' self-esteem, self-confidence, and their willingness to contribute positively to their communities.
- Relationship Building: We evaluate the quality of relationships formed within the program, including improved communication, teamwork, and cooperation among participants.
- Conflict Transformation: We assess how well children can transform conflicts into constructive, empathetic experiences, promoting understanding and fostering harmonious relationships.
Benefits for Children: The Helping Hands Program offers numerous benefits for children and adolescents, including:
- Enhanced Social and Emotional Skills: Through compassionate touch and attentive listening, children develop stronger social and emotional competencies, enabling them to navigate conflicts and establish healthier relationships.
- Increased Empathy and Compassion: The program cultivates empathy and compassion within children, enabling them to understand and connect with others on a deeper level.
- Improved Self-Confidence: By actively participating in conflict resolution and helping others, children's self-confidence and self-worth grow, empowering them to make positive contributions to their communities.
- Strengthened Communication Skills: Through active listening and respectful dialogue, children develop effective communication skills, facilitating better understanding and reducing misunderstandings.
- Reduced Aggression and Improved Well-being: By transforming aggression and conflicts into positive experiences, children experience decreased stress levels, improved emotional well-being, and a greater sense of inner peace.
Program Schedule for the Helping Hands Training:
Friday: 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Introduction
- Welcome and orientation to the Helping Hands Training
- Overview of the program goals and methodology
- Introduction to the facilitators and fellow participants
- Q&A session to address any initial questions or concerns
Saturday (Adult Program): 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Morning Session
- In-depth exploration of the Helping Hands methodology
- Understanding the principles of compassionate touch and mindful interaction
- Practical exercises to develop skills in active listening and conflict resolution
- Group discussions and sharing of personal experiences
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch Break (Participants are responsible for their own meals)
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Afternoon Session
- Building on the morning session, further practice and refinement of Helping Hands techniques
- Exploring the role of empathy and compassion in conflict transformation
- Case studies and role-playing exercises to deepen understanding and application of the methodology
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Games and Community Building
- Engaging in fun and interactive games that promote cooperation and teamwork
- Creating a supportive and nurturing environment for participants to connect and build relationships
- Sharing stories and experiences related to compassionate touch and conflict resolution
Sunday (Parents and Children Together): 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Trying Out the New Method
- Parents and children come together to learn and practice the Helping Hands techniques
- Facilitated activities and exercises that encourage children and parents to work together in resolving conflicts
- Opportunities for parents and children to share their experiences and challenges faced during the practice
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Lunch Break (Participants are responsible for their own meals)
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Integration and Reflection
- Group discussions on the application of Helping Hands in real-life situations
- Reflecting on the progress made during the training and identifying areas for continued growth
- Sharing insights and lessons learned from implementing the methodology in daily interactions
- Closing ceremony and certificates of completion distributed
Note: The children's program on Saturday will run concurrently with the adult program, offering age-appropriate activities and learning opportunities.
Please note that the schedule is subject to adjustments and may vary slightly based on the specific needs and dynamics of the participants.
Join the Helping Hands Program: We invite parents, educators, and community members to join us in the Helping Hands Program. Together, we can create a nurturing environment that supports the social and emotional development of our children. By fostering compassionate touch, empathy, and conflict resolution skills, we empower our young ones to build a more harmonious and caring society.
Craniosacral therapy is a gentle manual method used to assess and treat the craniosacral system. This system includes the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that protect the brain and spinal cord, as well as the bones of the skull and sacrum. The therapist stimulates the body's healing process through gentle touch, having a positive effect on the central nervous system. Blockages in the skeleton, muscles, and tissues are detected and released, leading to pain relief.
During the therapy, the patient initially experiences a passive interaction with the therapist. The therapy activates self-healing mechanisms and helps restore balance in the body. Over time, it can improve body awareness, mobility, and often provide significant pain relief. The therapy also has positive effects on the nervous system, reducing stress and promoting overall health.
Rita Hildebrandt, born in 1953, is a mother of five children and a grandmother of six grandchildren. She has had a diverse professional journey, which includes the following:
- Completed vocational college (Fachhochschulreife)
- 1973-1975: Training as a medical pool attendant and physiotherapist at BG Tübingen
- 1975-1979: Four years of work at KKH Donaueschingen
- 1979-1989: Ran her own practice in VS-Schwenningen
- Took a break for motherhood
- 12/1995-2014: Owned a practice in Niedereschach
- 2014-present: Self-employment
- 1996-2001: Cranio-Sacral Therapy and osteopathic techniques
- CTfHH (Compassionate Touch for Helping Hands) Project for children aged 3-10 years
- Bobath therapy for neurological conditions
- 2002-2005: NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), Systemic Family Constellations (based on Hellinger's work), Aura Soma
- 2008-2010: Facilitated women's groups (awakening woman)
- 2012-2015: Training in healing and spiritual surgery (Philippines)
- 2014-2016: Spiritual Coaching (Certified)
- 2016-2018: Integral Lifestyle Coach (Certified)
- 2005-2020: Led the "Helping Hands" projects in several kindergartens and elementary schools in the Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis region. Developed a new conflict resolution program for children in schools.
- 2001-2005: Engaged in artistic activities at the Rudolf-Steiner School, including watercolor painting, carving, and pottery. Created small sculptures using wood, clay, and plaster.
- 2005-2008: Watercolor and acrylic painting workshops with Mrs. Gube in VS.
- 2008-2009: Figure drawing at the summer academy in Alfter/Bonn.
- 2011: Drawing at the summer academy in Rheinau/CH.
- 2016-2020: Painting and collaboration with Norbert Schmitt, participating in exhibitions.
- 2018: Figure drawing at the summer academy in Marburg, with Prof. Martin Seidemann.
- From August 2022: Publication of children's books: "Papa und das Morgenhuhn" (Daddy and the Morning Chicken), "Ein Wum geht um" (A Wum is on the Loose), "Ich kann helfen" (I Can Help).
Rita Hildebrandt brings a wealth of experience, both in the medical field and as an artist, to her role as a workshop leader. Her dedication and passion for helping others, coupled with her artistic talents, make her an exceptional facilitator for a variety of creative and developmental workshops.
- Ticket type
This ticket is for one adult and up to 4 children: Introducing the Helping Hands Program: Empowering Children with Compassionate Touch - the workshop is held in the German language for a whole family.PriceFrom €85.00 to €135.00
- 1 adult and 1-4 children€135.00
+€3.38 service fee+€3.38 service fee
- 1 adult€85.00
+€2.13 service fee+€2.13 service fee
Bilingual summer school
WHERE YOUNG PEOPLE THRIVE
Suitable for all temperaments
Our holiday camps cater to a variety of interests, including language, music, movement, sports, and video. Whether you're dynamic or calm, you'll find a community of mutual respect and synergy here.
Inspired by role models
Our qualified youth culture trainers are experts in their fields and serve as positive role models. They inspire and encourage young people, promoting important 21st-century skills. At our holiday camps, your child will be part of the best community and return home stronger.
We believe that every individual is full of potential, and our goal is to help them realize it. Our pedagogically trained staff are passionate about sharing their knowledge and creating unforgettable experiences of success.
Our camps provide young people with the time, space, and support to explore their strengths, desires, and future perspectives. Our youth culture trainers inspire and encourage them through their role model effect and varied approaches from youth work and coaching. Fun and social interaction are at the forefront of all activities.
Together, young people overcome obstacles, learn from mistakes, and celebrate their successes. They discover their talents, interests, and values, empowering them to engage consciously with their future. By knowing themselves well, young people can make informed decisions that lead to personal fulfillment and long-term success in life.